Why Join AFI?
Whether you’re looking for answers to government regulations, food standards, statistical data or just need help keeping up with the rapid pace of industry changes, AFI is here for you. Actively learning, participating in association activities and taking advantage of AFI’s benefits will keep you abreast of the latest food industry developments. AFI proactively monitors regulatory changes affecting the food import trade. AFI also holds an annual convention and meetings filled with important information and excellent networking opportunities.
- Recognition: Members are listed in the directory included in the widely circulated AFI Annual and on the AFI web site. The AFI Annual and web site feature a product and service directory as well as opportunities to advertise, creating even greater visibility.
- Representation: AFI is your collective voice working proactively to pursue the mutual trade interests of overseas suppliers and U.S. importers through strong representation before the U.S. government. AFI is part of a coalition of food importing associations which regularly presents industry needs to FDA officials and develops common positions on food legislation.
- Information: AFI bulletins and memos are issued on almost a daily basis to one segment or another of the Association, providing timely and important information. AFI also hosts a web site, www.afius.org, offering still more information.
- Networking: AFI holds an annual convention and meetings throughout the year, providing an exceptional environment to meet and network with industry leaders and peers. The right balance of innovative programs presented by industry experts combined with excellent networking social events keep members coming back each year.
- Standards: AFI, working with the trade, developed standards for Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts and dried apricots. The association also developed a standard import contract, which incorporates customary terms and conditions in the trade.
- Answers: AFI has a full-time professional staff that works on a regular basis with government agencies and has access to attorneys knowledgeable on key regulatory issues. Members are encouraged to call the office with questions.
- Arbitration Service: AFI conducts an arbitration service for the resolution of commercial disputes.
- Value: AFI memberships are company memberships, meaning everyone from your firm can use AFI’s resources and making the value-to-cost ratio of membership in AFI exceptional. AFI continues to employ the latest technology to ensure its members receive the critical information they need and strives to keep members abreast of technological developments.
- Stability: AFI has been serving the industry since 1906. Become a member; let AFI work for you!
Click here to read about all of the ways that AFI works for you!