Opportunities for Associate Members
Who Belongs to AFI?
- More than 1,000 companies around the world rely on AFI – the voice of the U.S. food import industry. Through regular communications, webinars and in-person events, AFI focuses on compliance with U.S. regulations.
- AFI members trade in products such as pasta, olive oil, nuts, dried fruit, canned seafood, olives, cannedfruit, edible seeds, canned vegetables, frozen fruit, juice concentrate, honey, frozen vegetables, spices, tomato products, wine and frozen seafood.
- Approximately 300 U.S. companies are members of AFI.
- Associate member companies include banks, insurance brokers, laboratories, Customs brokers, shipping lines, foreign exchange/global payment providers, warehouses, freight forwarders, computer software providers, trucking companies, logistics providers, attorney, accountants, foreign promotion agencies and consulates.
- You’ll be “associated” with 1,000+ fellow members of AFI. Members prefer to do business with fellow members.
- Your firm’s name will be in front of AFI members all year long in the membership directory included in AFI’s annual publication and on the AFI’s Website, www.afius.org.
- You’ll have the opportunity to network with fellow members, customers and potential customers at AFI events.
- You’ll have chances to get even more out of those events through sponsorship opportunities, though in-person attendance is not required. Sponsorship opportunities, which begin at as little as $50, include AFI’s annual convention (April), AFI’s Town Meeting (November) and AFI receptions at food industry events such as SIAL and ANUGA, the two-largest worldwide industry trade shows. (Sponsorship opportunities vary and are publicized on an event-by-event basis.)
- You’ll be able to get your message out to AFI’s 1,000+ members and others through an advertisement in the AFI Annual.
- AFI regularly works with its Associate Members to offer webinars to members and others in the food import industry. There are no costs to the Associate Member and the contact information of participants is provided at the completion of the webinar.